Monday, April 3, 2017

Combo March and April Bullet Journal Spreads

Hi there! I totally missed posting a Bullet Journal post in March. So I'm determined to start April on a strong note and get a post up that covers March and April. It's a new season of my bullet journal and I'm excited to share some new spread ideas that I've started to try.

March
I participated in the Plan with Me Challenge on Instagram again in March but didn't complete as many of the days because March got busy really quickly and Instagram posts don't make the top of the list compared to homework! So here are some memories from February and my attempt at a St. Patty's wreath. My four leaf clovers could definitely use some help. It was a fun idea though!


I used my standard monthly spread for March. I like this spread and it's really effective at helping me plan for the month and I use it each week for scheduling events, deadlines, and goals. It brings me joy to fill in those monthly goal boxes. Josh and I have been kicking butt on finding our house and we looked at homes in March, made an offer on a house and had it accepted, and even got the inspections completed. Two of those goals we thought would not be completed until April. Hopefully by the end of May the house will officially be ours and I'll be able to share all of our remodeling adventures on this blog.

I was also hoping to interview for jobs in March but unfortunately I haven't heard from many places that I've applied to. I'm hoping April tells a different story as I plan on contacting companies and applying in person at local banks. If you know of places that are hiring, please let me know!


In March, Josh and I made a commitment to each other and the Lord to devote more time to reading His word together and individually. It was fun to look back on the month of March and see scripture in the pages of my Bullet Journal. Devoting Daily to the Lord is an important discipline for growing in faith and Josh and I have seen the positive effect that it has had on our relationship. I'm a work in progress and I'm asking God to help me develop spiritual discipline so that I can know Him more. 


March also means MARCH MADNESS and I'm so proud of my Jayhawks. They might not have had the most successful tournament results this year but you really can't be upset when your favorite team makes it to the Elite Eight, has a Hall of Fame coach, and a player who wins the Naismith Trophy for Player of the Year. All this to say, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Also I'm really good at drawing the Big 12 logo....and let's just not address my bubble letter skills...


I also stuck with my weekly spread with a little bit of a change, I took out the water intake tracker because I forgot to use it most days and didn't feel it was an accurate tracking method. 


April
So March was great, but I'm so dang proud of the spreads I've been making for April!! And so excited to share them in this post. I learned how to do simple calligraphy with a regular pen from a girl on Instagram (@hollandavenue) and I've been trying to work on developing that skill so I hope you enjoy the tiny change in my handwriting. Here's some March memories. I started reading Isaiah in March and utilizing the She Reads Truth reading plan. I get an email every day that includes passages to read and a short devotional. I also am in the downward slope of college which got more exciting the day I got my cap and gown.


And here is an example of the best wreath I've created so far. I just think these two pages are so pretty and honestly can't believe that I made them. I had an art teacher in first grade basically tell me I sucked at art and I've believed that for so long about my self. I'm not the best but I'd say I've definitely improved. Ugh, it's so pretty it hurts!! I love looking at it! My mom suggested that I make prints of these wreaths, who would be interested in having a monthly wreath if I could figure out how to make one digitally? I think they would make great artwork! 


 I stuck with the same monthly spread and felt completely overwhelmed when I realized that April is going to be the busiest month of my life. So many projects and end of school things to do!!


And here's where the changes begin. I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach April 1st because it was a Saturday and I didn't want to make a whole weekly spread for one day but it also bugged me to include it in the next week. So I decided to use daily and weekly spreads for the month of April!

On the daily spread I'm including a to do list, a chore of the day, events for that day and a time tracker.

On the weekly spread I decided to include events for the week, a running to do list for the week, chores to complete and my usual habit tracker. So far I'm loving the way that April is organized!


On Saturday I didn't really enjoy how the time tracker was utilized so I revamped it a bit for Sunday. On the left of the time tracker is how I hope to utilize my time, on the right is how it actually played out. I also thought including a scripture on daily pages would be a cute idea to fill space. I also revamped my meal planning, we haven't been eating too healthy lately so I'm trying to plan out meals and snacks so that I'm not eating everything in the house or only cereal for dinner when life gets busy.


Let me know what you think about the new setup and I hope that it keeps me even more organized. Bullet journaling is really helping me improve my study habits and organization skills and I'm loving it. Thanks for enjoying it with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment