Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bullet Journal January Overview

I promised my Instagram followers a post about my bullet journal set up for the new year and here it is. My awesome in-laws gave me the supplies I wanted to start my first bullet journal, a notebook, some fancy pens and hi-lighters. I mentioned in my first blog post that I had been using an old graph paper notebook to get the itch out of my fingers. But for Christmas, I really wanted to start a pretty journal that I could blog about for 2017. So in this post I will be sharing the pages that I have designed so far this year. I might make a post next week if the Plan With Me Challenge on Instagram causes me to make more than what I've designed so far. If there aren't many new pages, I'll just keep those posts limited to my Instagram

So the first design is the index which is a throw to the man who created the the bullet journal and you can read more about that here. Basically the index is just that, it's simply a table of contents to help the user find information. Mine is pretty basic, like many of my pages. I'm not much of an artist but I'm sure using this kind of planner will help me to get better. 


Next, is the key and my first wreath that I'm pretty proud of. I'm glad it's 2017, a new year with new goals and exciting things to come. 


I've been reading Proverbs the past few weeks and I knew that before I started the future goals section of this journal I should make sure that I keep my mind focused on God's sovereignty. He has the power to interfere with my plans and I know those plans will be good but they might mean that mine have to change. So I included Proverbs 16:3 knowing that God alone will be able to establish my plans, He is faithful and I can be joyful no matter how much those plans change. On page 5 are our 10 year goals, now to be honest there are some goals that are not listed here yet such as future babies, I just felt that the whole world didn't need to know our timeline for that. The ones written in unreadable light gray (sorry) are for me to get a promotion at my first big girl job someday, and to have a 10 year anniversary honeymoon in Paris (a girl can dream, right?). 


Next up is our 3 year plan, we took our 10 year goals and made them into a plan that was a little easier to look at a strategize for. This 3 year plan definitely turned into a 5 year plan do to the big goals we have later on that will take more time to complete. So 2017 will be a big year but we'll see how the future changes for next year! I got the idea from a girl on Instagram whose handwriting is much better than mine, you can find her here.


So in creating the 2017 future log, I made a MAJOR oops. I somehow though May only had 30 days, so I got all the way to December without realizing it. You'll notice little arrows before the first of the month starting in June, that's to remind myself to move all of it over. I'm trying to not let this bother me too much but it was definitely frustrating. I haven't included everyone's birthday yet, so don't let it bother you if you don't see yours on there.


Next are the goals for 2017 and a strategy we have for completing them. My hope is that certain things move a little bit faster but this timeline will be helpful for making monthly goals as the year moves along.


So when I first started designing I was sort of obsessed with wreaths, as you can see I have already made two but don't worry my third is next. I like this one too! I liked my handwriting here too!


Now we're getting into January's planning, first there is the month with goals, next come the weekly spreads which I love and then the other planning I do throughout the week.





Lastly, there are collections. Collections are just lists of various things to keep track of. These will be the last pictures of the post. Thanks for looking into my bullet journal, I promise I will improve my picture quality on the next bullet journal post. I'm still learning how to edit and some of these did not turn out how I wanted. 





That's the end!

My supplies:

Moleskine Notebook with Dotted Pages 
Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens, 20 count pack 
Zebra Midliners, Mild Calm colors, 5 count pack 

No comments:

Post a Comment