Thursday, December 8, 2016

The First Post

Photo by Alisa Anton 
So this is a little nerve-wracking. But today I'm sitting in Starbucks and I'm trying to write my first blog post. I've finally found some free time to come up to Starbucks to read the first Harry Potter (don't worry, I've already read it a few times), work on the blog a bit and maybe touch some of my end of semester homework. I'm drinking some delicious mint tea and I'm not really sure where to begin this post but the more I write I'm finding my niche. So I guess I'll just start out by telling you a little bit about what this blog will be focused on. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what kinds of content will show up here but something you should know about me is that I'm interested in a lot of different things right now that I hope to blog about. 

Jesus. Marriage. Bullet Journaling. Travel. Personal Finance. 

I'm a Christian, I've been a follower of Jesus since I was nine years old. But it wasn't till about 13 or 14 when I truly began following Him. When I started college I began to grow a lot in my faith and got involved in Campus Ministry. Last year, I found my current church, The Grove, and I've grown even more. Josh and I encountered some hard decisions last year and I think that time taught us to have a love for God's Word. I'm sure that will come through on this blog at different points of my life.

Since I just got married in August, I'm super interested in my marriage. I'm learning so much about my husband, Josh, and it really is a lot of fun. It's also a lot of work and it amazes me how one person can teach me so much about myself and about my own faults. Marriage is much different than dating and that is a really good thing. So I'm sure long posts are to come about all the wife life and maybe even some posts about what I learned when we were dating and some things from being single too.

Another thing that's on my mind a lot is bullet journaling. I first heard about bullet journaling on Pinterest (I love Pinterest) and it caught my attention because I've never found a perfect planner and by bullet journaling, I can make my own. I've been bullet journaling in my graph paper notebook for now but I'm hoping to soon invest in a nice notebook and some fancy pens and highlighters. I have a lot of plans for my journal, I plan to start sharing posts about it in January.

I also hope that I can share some of our traveling adventures with you as well! Josh and I have plans to travel in the future and I plan to write about them here. "Live. Laugh. Lowe." was an idea I came up with while studying abroad in Taiwan (you can read more about that adventure on my About Me page). My first major is International Business so I hope that this blog can travel the world and that I can share what I learn about new cultures with you.

Finally, I've become interested in personal finance and I like to talk about money probably because my second major is Finance and my professors like to scare us by talking about retirement. As a 21-year-old, newlywed and college student, money is definitely on the low side. Josh and I are dealing with paying student loans, rent, taking on new responsibilities that our parents used to cover, and we're going to try to buy a house this year. We're big fans of Dave Ramsey and plan to make decisions that will get us to a debt free life pretty quickly.  I'll be sharing various plans that we have and maybe even share elements of our budget and planning that we do each month. Ultimately Josh and I want to be people who give, of our time and our money, because we believe that both are given to us by God.

Thanks so much for reading, I'm working on content for each of these subjects and hope to upload them soon!

Grace and peace to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment