Thursday, March 18, 2021

Brooklyn Grace // February 11, 2021

 

All Photos by BH photo & design

Our sweet baby girl, Brooklyn Grace, was born at 3:11 in the afternoon on February 11th. She’s a tall skinny gal, 7 lbs 7 oz at birth and 21 inches long. She is now 5 weeks old and is starting to chunk up but she’s still just a teeny girl with long arms and legs. As of right now it seems like she takes after Daddy’s coloring with his dark hair and a similar skin tone. We thought she was really tan when she was born which was comical to us because we’re both pretty pale. It turned out she had a little bit of jaundice (thankfully not serious enough to lay under a lamp) but now that it has improved she’s much more pale like Mom and Dad. Brooklyn’s eyes belong to her mama though, I’ve got a few pictures of me as a baby that look pretty similar to her (follow me on Instagram to see, I’ll save them to my Baby B highlight @livelaughlowe). 



We’ve had it easy these first five weeks of parenthood. She loves to sleep and cuddle but doesn’t mind if that’s done in someone’s arms, her swing or her crib. She doesn’t quite like the bassinet at night but she’s starting to get used to nighttime and only wakes us up once during the night and once in the early morning hours. Most of the time we still have to wake her up to eat during the day so she just loves to have a cozy sleep. Just this last week she’s become more animated, giving us tiny little smiles and a random coo. Right now she’s snoring in a baby wrap as I type. We’re so thankful for her precious life and that we get to watch her grow. God is so good to us. 




Our friend Brittany took photos of her a few weeks ago and I’ve posted a few of my favorites for your enjoyment. I’m sure I’ll have more to write on our sweet Miss B over the next year as her mama. If you have any parenting tips, hacks, or memories feel free to comment below!

















No comments:

Post a Comment